Now that super-fast broadband speeds are the norm rather than the exception, it’s no longer an issue to have video on your website.
Not long ago, including a video on your homepage was not practical. This was for several reasons, like dial-up access made it impossible for your users to view video, and production costs made it out of reach for most people. Later, it became more affordable, and it become a good idea to include video on your website.
Now, it’s imperative.
If you don’t have a good quality, professionally produced video on your website, your site will look out of date, your search engine ranking will be lower, and you could lose sales. Video on your website will help to maximise your sales because video engages your customers in a way that no other medium can do.
You don’t necessarily need to appear in the video yourself; there are many options for you to successfully utilise video on your website.
Five Golden Rules about Web Video
- Don’t feature yourself unless you are naturally comfortable selling yourself and your company services
- Include customer testimonials. Your happy customers can speak volumes.
- Try to include “interview” style video. This is great if you are not comfortable talking to camera, just talk to someone else.
- Use video wisely – if you have lots of separate areas of your business, it can make more sense to categorise your videos
- Be careful with “auto-play” videos. Some potential customers find video which plays automatically very irritating, and can be put off straight away.
Video on your website will certainly increase interest in your products and services, and you might risk losing to your competition if you don’t take advantage now. Call Basingstoke-based Videomachine on 01256 835555 or drop us a line to find out just how affordable web video can be. We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
If you have a couple of minutes, why not take a look at our showreel.