Here’s Jerry Parkin, Director of Field Operations at Virgin Media to tell you a little about how Videomachine helped them with some training films.
The Videomachine Showreel
Every video production company has a showreel – or they should have. The showreel is by far the best way to engage potential clients and to demonstrate the production team’s expertise. Here at Videomachine, we have tons of experience in all areas, styles, and techniques. Take a look at our own showreel below – you’ll see off the bat that covers a vast range of different production techniques, from animation to drama, motion capture, news, product videos and so much more. Get in touch to discuss your own video requirements. Call 02380 002238 today.
Video production in Southampton
Videomachine Limited has recently relocated to Southampton, in the beautiful waterside village of Netley Abbey. We are providing top class creative video production in the Southampton area. We continue to do this in the whole of the South and South East. For high quality, affordable, creative video production services in Hampshire and Southampton, give us a call on 07801 097067.
How to make a Mannequin Challenge video
You’ve heard about the latest phenomenon right? The Mannequin Challenge – where you an a bunch of friends and colleagues maintain a steady pose while someone with a camera cruises around the group. At Videomachine, we have the perfect techniques and equipment to bring this to life for you, with high quality stabilised cameras, and some great ideas. We can shoot and edit, in the same day – at a reduced rate too. We can also help with direction and ideas. Call us today to get your Mannequin Challenge started. 01256 350646
1. It’s the way consumers consume
Visitors to your website, and pretty much any other website have a very short attention span. They consume content, but they want it fast. They simply don’t have the time to read your message, however beautifully written it is. Video allows you to get your message across faster than any other medium.
To engage your audience, exciting and engaging content is vital, or they’ll just move on.
The largest online video network, YouTube, is the second largest search engine, with more than 1 billion unique users visiting each month.
2. It maximises user engagement
Static ‘brochure sites’ are a thing of the past. For greater success, businesses are using their websites to create engaging and compelling experiences around their brand. To create connections, marketing directors are seeking new ways to build relationships with their customers, thereby increasing customer loyalty. This can be done in many ways, including:
- Product demonstrations
- Sharing experiences
- Telling the story
3. It’s vital for good SEO and social distribution
Google owns the two largest search engines in the world. It’s no surprise that video content will increase your search engine rankings so significantly. Google now displays video in the standard search results, and users are much more likely to click through to your content rather than a competitor, if if they are clicking on a video link.
Video is one of the most shared content mediums. Original video will maximise your social media impact simply because you are driving people to your site and content.
Videomachine, the leading Hampshire-based video production company, is helping clients of all types maximise their customer experience by generating professional, high quality video content for their websites. Call us now on 01256 835555 for a quote.
Videomachine recently produced, directed, filmed and edited this music video. Filmed on location in Manchester in October, it features Paul ‘Kermit’ Leveridge with the track ‘The Construct’.
- Canon 5D
- Canon C100
Director & Producer: Philip Lyons
Co-Director: Elspeth Moore
Cameras: David Cox & Philip Lyons
Editor: Philip Lyons
We have updated our showreel. 2014 has been a really busy year, and some of the work, of which we are really proud, has been compiled into out new 2014 showreel. Look out for Novak Djokovic, some Eurofighters, a TV studio and lots more!
This video is full HD, so it might not look great on slower computers, or slow network connections. You can see the 720p version here.
We can pretty much cover off all requirements with the kit we have available and we have the right kind of kit to make your production stand out. Unlike many other production companies, we don’t charge extra for equipment.
- Sony PXW-FS7K Mark 2
- Sony PXW-FS5 4K and Slow Motion camera
- Canon XF305 (EBU compliant)
- Canon C100
- Canon XA20 Compact Full HD camera (50/60p)
- Sony EX1R x 2 (+ extra EX1 if required) full HD
- Canon 5Diii 2.8 100mm, 2.8 16-35mm
- 3 x Canon 5Dii x 2 + 1.4 & 1.8 50mm + 3.5 28-300mm + 25-105
- GoPro Black Edition x 2
- 2 x Osmo Gimbal 4K cameras
- DJI Mavic Pro Drone
- DJI Inspire 1 dual 4K Aerial Drone
- DJI Phantom 3 Pro 4K Aerial Drone
- Ronin-M x 2 Lightweight camera gimbals
- Manfrotto tripods + video heads
- Manfrotto remote pan arm
- 6m Track & Dolly kit
- 30ft Jib (can be combined with the T&D for extra flexibility
- 18ft Jib with remote head
- iFootage M1 Portable Jib
- 1.8m flywheel ultra smooth slider
- Pan-arm remote zoom & focus
- Steadicam x 2 + vest
- Fig Rig
- 2 x off camera 4 track H4N x 2 (8 mixable tracks on location) + mixer
- 2 x Tascam D60 Field recorder
- Matched pair of AKG condenser mikes
- Rode Videomic Pro & Fluffy
- 3 x Rode NTG-2 boom kit with furries
- Remote mike transmitter
- Rode Interview mike
- 3 x Sony lavalier radio mike kits
- 2 x Location mixer Xenyx 1204 USB
- Mike stands
- Portable vocal booth
- Allen & Heath Qu-16 mixer
- Autocue system & iPad
- Samurai Blade
- Samurai Shogun 4K SSD monitor/recorder
- Portable Chromakey (blue/green)
- Lowell Creator 4-head tungsten kit
- Lowell 12v iLight
- 3 x 1000w tungsten Redheads
- 8x 500w output LED BiColour panels
- Full 4-head Bowens flash kit + octo- & softboxes
On location post:
- 2 x MacBook Pro editing kit for field editing: FCP + Avid MC + Premier + AE
- 3 x 27in iMacs: FCP + Avid MC + Premier + AE + Adobe CC2014, Trapcode & VCP, C4D
- KRK Rokit6 monitors
- 96TB storage
- Bluray Writer
- Korg Triton Extreme workstation
Videomachine was recently commissioned to produce a series of live and pre-recorded scenarios to demonstrate the technical capabilities of UK Broadband’s 4G LTE network, utilising Huawei hardware.
Small, specialist crew
Using a very small crew of just 4 specialists, and filmed in only 3 days, we created a full video, parts of which were used in a live demonstration, mixed with some real life scene creation involving a number of actors on the streets on London.
The result was a high impact demonstration with compelling and memorable content.